Thank you for the generous support our “Souper Bowl of Caring” event.
$1,167.87 was collected and will be donated to the Firehouse Shelter!
February Social Ministry Focus is on the NEW Firehouse Shelter which will have an official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on February 13th with an Open House to follow from 4 – 6 p.m. @ 626 2nd Avenue North in Birmingham. The items they are asking be donated to get the New Shelter off to a good start are:
· Cleaning supplies: Glass cleaner, bathroom cleaner, bleach, brooms, garbage bags, dustpans, paper towels, mops, buckets
· Clothing: Men’s boxers (no briefs), belts, new or gently used blue jeans, black pants, black shirts, gently used shoes, black dress shoes, and visibility work clothing (vests).
· Food: #10 cans, breakfast cereal, breakfast bars, shelf stable bulk food items, coffee, creamer, and sugar.
· Office supplies: Copy paper, notebooks for guests, and pens for guests.
· Personal hygiene: Razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, and headache/stomach OTC medications.
· Reusable water bottles for guests as they now have water bottle filling stations.
· Pillows, pillow covers, XL twin sheet sets and lightweight blankets.
Mark your calendars and plan to join the LCVH Senior Ministry for the 2019/2020 year! Both the special activities and Men's and Women's Bible Studies are in full swing!
FOR A FULL LIST OF THIS YEAR'S PLANNED ACTIVITIES, PLEASE
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 19th
10:00 am--Men's Breakfast Bunch
meets at Klingler's Deli
11:15 am--Ladies Luncheon
Wednesday, February 26
Wednesday, March 11
Wednesday, March 25
Ladies meet in the Boardroom
Gentlemen meet in the Fellowship Hall